Quick Clove Hitch
This method of tying the clove hitch is really fast and easy. However,
it involves assembling the knot first, and then sliding it over the
poles, so its not applicable in all situations. Like its not practical
to use it to end lashings. Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of this
method is its ability to put a clove hitch in the middle of a long rope.
Its excellent for putting the many clove hitches required on the center
rope of a monkey bridge. I've also found it useful to create 2 guide
lines on a pole from a single long rope, like the 2 guide lines that
hold up a pole for a volleyball net.
How to do it:
- Step1: Just like the picture shows.
- Step2: Turn both right and left hands clockwise.
- Step3: Place the right loop (in right hand) in back of the left
loop (in left hand).
- Step4: Put the 2 loops together to form the completed clove
- Step5: Slide the knot over a pole and tighten.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Troop 35 Homepage